I am a senior college student majoring in BS in CS in Real-Time Interactive Simulation at DigiPen Institute of Technology, Redmond, WA. and I’m currently looking for a work.
I’ve been making games in indie-sized teams for the past 10 years, team size ranging from 2 to 5 people. I’ve handled gameplay engineering, game engine development, and low-end graphics engineering. My interest is the mobile market and casual game market, focusing on maximizing user retention and user acquisition process.
I enjoy making games, enjoy playing a variety of games, and I believe gaming will going beyond TV, Music, and Film to play a greater role in society. In a world where stress, boredom, and human connections is a common, games are an outlet for emotions, an adventure of your wildest dreams, an openly accessible safe-place for a human connection or just a common topic for casual conversation.
I’m a valuable member of your team
I love solving creative bottlenecks, especially making Unity Editor tools and custom tools. Some might say building the tool is building the game ;). I’m always up for the task, and capable of learning by my self and from other in a short amount of time.
My experience and expertise
- Built two ECS, in data-oriented, fully custom game engine, with optimized memory layout and cache performance. Once in C language and once in C++.
- Built complete graphics engine in DirectX and OpenGL for 2D and 3D rendering, with dynamic batching and custom shader effects.
- Many iOS games with two currently on the App Store with 5-star ratings and 100,000+ impressions.
- Unity experience, 6 years for many projects and experiments, currently still using Unity on a daily basis for my projects.
- Build servers experience for continuous integration and delivery. Completely automated from git commit to deploying to the App Store all with one button.
- Photoshop, Blender, 3DS Max, Maya experience. Knows content creation process end-to-end, qualified to build development tools for artists.
2017 statistics of the game industry compared to other E&M industries:
- US$98.9bn Traditional TV and video
- US$23.4bn Video Game
- US$20.1bn OTT Video, aka, Netflix, Hulu etc
- US$10bn Cinema
(Source: PwC and SelectUSA.gov)
Most projections point towards a 100% increase in revenue in the next four years.